Sometimes you want to go out on the town and other nights, there’s nothing better than staying home, cooking a nice meal, and enjoying each other’s company.
If you want to give that special someone the ultimate romantic date night. Here are some tips to help you do it right from Relish, the #1 relationship training app in the App Store.
Relish Can Help You Plan the Ultimate Date Night:
The perfect ultimate date night should begin with food. Cooking together can be the first stop for a great evening. Do your grocery shopping and prep in advance, so you won’t spend extra time dicing and slicing. Since your meal may take a while from prep to serving, it’s a good idea to have something to munch on. Preparing a cheese or vegetable tray can take the edge off your hunger if you’re starving. Have some wine, beer, or your favorite cocktail ready and begin your meal.
A welcoming, well-appointed table with candles and flowers is another great touch. That way when your meal is done, you’ll be ready to eat.
Turn the TV Off!
Instead of having your TV blaring in the background, switch the channel to some nice music on Pandora or Alexa. That way you won’t be taking the attention away from your date and on the TV.
After dinner, there are a variety of things you can do that will be entertaining and switch up your date night a bit. Here are a few options:
- Get out an old board game like chess, checkers, or backgammon to test your skills.
- You may also opt for other games that are just a matter of luck and not skill. Think back to the days of monopoly, Easy Money, and Clue. Not only are they fun but chances are they will bring back memories from the past.
- Card games are always a good bet. Dig out your old Yahtzee game or play 500 rummy, Uno, and many of the other games that you probably have hidden away in a closet or garage. Nothing like a little competition. For more adult games, you can opt for Cards Against Humanity. If you like drinking games, you can play Ride the Bus or King’s Cup.
- If you are a video gamer, you may want to challenge your partner to play a video game just make sure that the game you choose is for 2 players.
- There are also online games and app games, which can be fun in you challenge each other or suggest a wager for the winner, but they are more solo activities and are better options for a date night.
In addition to these ideas, you can also create your own trivia games by having your partner answer questions about your life together, movies, music, and any other common interest.